... is an Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and the Steven and Christy King Faculty Fellow at the College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also holds courtesy appointments in the College of Law and the Institute for Genomic Biology at the University of Illinois. Deepak Somaya received ... More
... is the Georgia White Fellow and Assistant Professor of Leadership and Strategy at the Marriott School, Brigham Young University. Prior to joining BYU, Shad Morris was at The Ohio State University for five years... More
Associate Program Chair
Thomas P. Moliterno
... is an Associate Professor of Management and the Associate Dean of Faculty & Engagement at the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He earned his Ph.D. from the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine... More
Reps at Large 2016
... is an Assistant Professor of Strategy at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. Seth's research centers on labor market strategy with an additional focus on entrepreneurship. Ongoing questions ... More
Denisa Constanta Mindruta
... is an Assistant Professor of Strategy at HEC Paris. She earned her PhD in strategic management from the University of Illinois. Her research examines how organizations and individuals within organizations create... More
... received his Ph.D. in Business Economics jointly from Harvard Business School and the university’s economics department. Dan Elfenbein’s current research focuses on how firms and employees create and appropriate... More
Reps at Large 2017
... is an Associate Professor at the University of California, Davis, where she teaches the core strategy course. Her research focuses on the consequences of job mobility and careers for individuals and organizations, including ... More
... is an Assistant Professor of Strategy at HEC Paris. His research interests span areas of human capital, organizational design and incentives, and behavioral strategy. His work has been published in Strategic Management Journal ... More
Y Sekou Bermiss
...is an assistant professor of management at the McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin. His research explores the micro-foundations of competitive advantage by studying the antecedents and consequences... More
Strategic Human Capital
The Strategic Human Capital Interest Group promotes research addressing the role of human capital in firm performance. Scholarship that is interdisciplinary and/or considers human capital at multiple levels of analysis is especially welcomed. Examples of the types of questions included in this conceptual space are the following:
- How can firms purposefully create valuable firm-level human capital heterogeneity?
- What are the mechanisms that link human capital to firm-level outcomes?
- How do firms best manage the value appropriation challenges presented by “star” employees?
- To what extent can firms gain competitive advantage through “people?”
- Why and how do competitive interactions within labor markets (e.g., talent poaching) differ from competitive interactions in other strategic factor markets?
- How do management practices that enhance the strategic value of human capital diffuse?
- What factors explain differences in human capital productivity within industries?
- How does human capital emerge and interact with other forms of intellectual capital (e.g., social capital, organizational capital) to influence firm-level outcomes?
For archived and current newsletters, please click here.