SMS Emerging Scholar Award
Inaugurated in 2007, the prize is awarded annually to a relatively young or new scholar, who displays exemplary scholarship that promises to have an impact on future strategic management practice. Award funding is generously supported by the Strategy Research Foundation.
Criteria for Selection:
The criteria for this award recognizes a portfolio of work that suggests the candidate will make fundamental contributions to the way we think about knowledge essential to achieving durable organizational success. Especially considered are contributions that complement existing strategic management theory with ideas from the arts and sciences. Eligible to be nominated are members of the SMS. The likely winner of the award will:
- be within 5-8 years of active academic work from the date of his/her dissertation
- have a record of publication and professional activity that has demonstrated their work to be significant and with impact
The recipient of the SMS Emerging Scholar Award will be recognized at an appropriate, significant event at the SMS Annual International Conference and
- receives prize money of US$ 5,000 generously sponsored by the Strategy Research Foundation
- has the opportunity to present his research in a prominent setting at the SMS Annual International Conference
- is recognized and featured in one of the SMS journals.
*Nominations are accepted throughout the year. The deadline for this award is April 30th of each year.